We don’t know whether we should congratulate you on shifting to another house or empathize with you because you have to go through the entire shifting process, but we can feel the excitement that you have in your heart. When you plan to shift to a new location, you search for the most wonderful New York movers that know how to give their helping hand when you really need one. Without the help of a moving company, it is not possible for you to shift to the new city or house without missing or leaving something behind.
If you are shifting to another location, you have to be extremely careful about the things that you need to shift along with you and your pet(s). Read below to know about the top 12 tips to remember and use while shifting to another location:
- Don’t try to shift stuff on your own; you might break the most fragile items you have in your old house at the moment: The worst thing that a lot of people do to save money is pack the stuff on their own and shift them in their vehicle. First of all, your vehicle is not designed to carry heavy and fragile items in its backseat; secondly, New York movers are not expensive at all and hence you can easily afford them. It is good to have a professional touch to your moving process and that’s exactly what a moving company gives to you.
- If you want to save money, pack strong stuff on your own and place them in your car: New York movers charge you according to the stuff you need to have packed, stored and shifted; if you think there are some items that you can shift on your own without having them damaged during the transferring process, you can easily pack and dump them into your car; this would let you save money. For the fragile and larger sized items, you have moving companies for your needs. Once you are done packing the strong stuff, the moving companies can shift the remaining items for you.
- It is always advisable for you to clear all your bills at least two days before you shift to another location: Most of the people forget clearing their bills and their owners harass them later. If you have been living in a rented apartment, you can’t leave without paying your bills because even if you do, your owner has all the rights to call you up and tell you to clear your dues. Rather than disturbing your image, it is better to clear all the dues two days before leaving the house; it allows the owner to have a good impression about you.
Visit the new house once or twice before shifting so that you get along well with the kind of surroundings you will stay in: Only a handful of people visit their new house before shifting permanently. Visit your new house twice or thrice so that you find out about the new place and adapt to it.
- Say goodbye to your old neighbors, even if they didn’t get along well with you: It doesn’t matter if your old neighbors didn’t get along well with you, if you know that you are not going to see them again in your life, it is good to bid them farewell. You are literally not coming back to your old house, ever, unless you have good friends in the same building. It is always good to talk to your neighbors, apologize if you have been a menace to them and thank them for the times they have stood up for you.
- Discuss quotations pre-handedly with New York movers: No doubt New York movers are extremely good and the companies can be trusted because of their works and reputation in the market, you need to be very careful while selecting a particular moving company because some of the companies don’t discuss their service rates pre-handedly due to which you end up paying a lot of money. Don’t fool yourself by not discussing the rates pre-handedly; do that so that you know how much the company is expecting you to pay for the help it is providing you with.
- Find out if the moving company agrees to move your pets for you, if you can’t take the responsibility: Sometimes, we find it difficult to carry our pets in our car because we are not used to traveling with them, especially driving with them. If you have a lot of pets and you want them to reach your new house safely, you need to find a company that shifts your pets for you. There are some New York movers that take the responsibility of your pets for you. Find such a company for your needs.
- Check your house thrice before you leave: This is something that you have surely got to do because you would not want to leave anything in your old house, except for the good old memories. Check the safes, the wardrobes and the bathrooms in your old house so that you don’t have to come back for something that you don’t want to leave behind. Rather than checking the things only once, do it twice or thrice before finally closing the door of your old house, giving the keys to the owner and shifting to your new house.
- Pack all your expensive stuff by your hands and keep them in your car, if you don’t find a trustworthy moving company: There are times when you can’t trust moving companies with the expensive items you have in your old house; we completely understand. Pack these expensive items on your own and shift them as you drive to your new house; do this on your own so that you don’t worry about it getting broken or stolen by non-trusting New York movers.
- Handover all the keys to the owner of the house, if you were staying in a rented apartment: Before you leave your old house, don’t forget to submit all the keys to your owner, if you had been living in a rented apartment.
- Interact with your new neighbors before shifting to your new house: This is one of the best things that you would ever do in your life; the reason we suggest you to talk to your new neighbors is so that you don’t feel alone or isolated in your new house. When you leave everything and shift to another city, you start afresh and hence you need to have at least some faces that can help you forget the memories of your old house and start with the new chapter of your life.
- Talk to your loved ones about the moving companies they have hired in the past: If you have not found good New York movers yet and you need to shift within a few days, make a list of all those people, who have shifted to another location recently. You can call them up and take their help to find the best moving company according to your requirement.