ADA WCAG 2.0 Section 508
Being a company owner is hard enough by itself. But having to relocate your company and all the employees can be a very complicated process. Besides the common costs of moving services and packing, you might need to consider additional commercial moving costs. In order to avoid overspending, we made a short guide to help you plan the budget for your commercial move. Take a look at how you can organize and achieve efficient company relocation.
How to prepare for a commercial move?
One of the hardest parts of moving a company is organizing the entire process. In case you plan to hire reliable movers, the moving day will not be your biggest issue. However, reorganizing tasks and obligations to your employees and planning all the costs can be complicated.
In order to prepare for a move, you should have an estimated budget for it. However, depending on the size of your company, there might be some additional commercial moving costs to consider. The best thing you can do is to start making a list of necessary things to do, get or organize. This will help you make a moving plan, find the right moving boxes Manhattan and hire the best moving company for your commercial move. By preparing on time, you will avoid the potential loss of money and other moving complications.
What are the difficulties of hiring commercial movers?
As you are guessing, the biggest cost during your move will be a commercial moving service. Depending on how sensitive and heavy your inventory is, you might need to hire a company that specializes in that sort of transportation. Special packing services, additional security equipment and an experienced moving crew might be necessary.
Besides moving services, you should make sure to organize your employees and ask them to pack and organize important paperwork. Not only can these files be confidential, but your movers might not even agree to pack them. Besides, by packing some of the inventory without moving assistance, you will save money on additional commercial moving costs. If nothing else, you and your employees will need to sort out and pack valuable paperwork, files and other items before the moving company arrives. Luckily, heavy furniture, computers and other devices are all things that you can hire professionals to pack.
What are the most common additional commercial moving costs?
In order to make a moving budget for a commercial move, you will have to know your moving costs. However, there are some of them that most company owners don’t expect.
Here is the list of the most common additional commercial moving costs to consider:
- Packing supplies – If you plan to pack some of your inventory without the help of movers, you might need to get additional packing supplies. Moving boxes, wrapping paper, and other supplies will cost you extra money.
- Moving insurance – Since the company’s inventory is valuable, sometimes even irreplaceable, you should consider paying for the moving insurance. In case anything happens to your inventory during the moving day, the company you hired to relocate them will cover the damage or loss.
- Office rent – What most company owners don’t realize is that moving from one office to another will also cost you money. Office rent should be one of the biggest items on your moving budget list.
- Stair fees and large items fees– If you hire a moving company, a stair fee might be one of the additional commercial moving costs. The absence of an elevator can make the moving process much harder for the moving crew.
- Storage rent – Keep in mind that you might have less space in your new offices. Renting storage units Manhattan might need to spend more money during the move.
- Employees’ costs – If you plan to move your company to another state, moving your employees can be a difficult and expensive process. Make sure to plan your costs in advance.
How to avoid additional moving costs?
Just like any other costs, additional commercial moving costs can be avoided by good planning and organization. Here are some ways you can achieve that:
- Consider packing some of your inventory. By reading some of the packing tips and gathering the right supplies, you will avoid additional commercial moving costs.
- Hire a moving company early on. If you can choose the time of the move, better do it offseason.
- Cut o your company’s spending. If there is a chance to downsize your company’s costs during relocation – make sure to do it.
- Delegate and involve your employees in moving preparations. By giving everyone a small task to deliver, you will plan your moving day much more efficiently.
Start looking for moving companies as soon as you can
One of the things you shouldn’t forget to do is to hire reliable office movers. Moreover, as soon as you know your moving date, you should start searching for companies and compare their services. By looking for moving assistance on time, you will have more time to compare the quality of service and their prices. Therefore, you will improve your chances of getting the best moving company in Manhattan.
Moving a company is not an easy job to do. All the planning and organizing can take weeks to finish. In order to avoid additional commercial moving costs, you should start planning your move as soon as you possibly can, and write down every step of the move in advance. With the help of a reliable moving company, you should be able to avoid the common moving troubles.