ADA WCAG 2.0 Section 508
Children memorabilia is something we all appreciate. However, many of these items could be making a mess in your home storage or be overbearing to move. If you want to learn how to organize your children’s items before the moving process begins, keep reading. Take a look at some of the childhood items worth storing away in long-term storage NYC.
Moving with children? Sort out your things
If you are a parent of one or more children, you would most likely want to keep their childhood items. However, events like moving and changing homes usually require some decluttering and sorting out. You might not have enough room to store all of your kids’ memorabilia. Also, keeping every single item from your kids’ past can make a mess in your home. If you are emotionally attached to your possessions, you can always go look for some cheap storage solutions. However, there are some things you should consider tossing away and some childhood items worth storing.
In order to organize your belongings in case of moving, here’s what you need to do. First things first, you need to make a list of necessary items you would like to keep long term. Second, you should clear out your storing space at home and make room for the decluttering process.
While some items could be of great value to keep, some of them might only take unnecessary space in your new home. If you plan to pack your moving boxes on your own, consider the time you’ll need to pack everything properly. Moreover, by choosing the most important childhood items worth storing, you will ease your moving process and make more space in your new home.
The childhood items worth storing long-term
Every one of us has a different idea of which items to keep during the move. Some of the memories we make with our kids, or items we keep from our childhood often have a great value to us. Take a look at the list of childhood items worth storing by our opinion:
- Favorite stuffed toys. Although these items might not seem very important, they could make more than one generation happy. Stuffed toys are easy to wash in the washing machine and can be comforting to children of all age.
- School drawings. If you are a parent of a toddler or a preschooler, school drawings are one of the childhood items worth storing. All the silly sketches are colorful and could make a great home decoration. Moreover, your child’s first drawings are the first form of personal expression.
- Photo albums. It’s almost unnecessary to mention these items. While we often keep our photos sorted out on our computers, old-school photos of you or your kids are an irreplaceable memory.
- Authentic baby items. If there are some items that you closely relate to your child, you should keep them. First birthday’s presents, valuable medallion are the childhood items worth storing.
- Baby clothes. Keep the most beautiful baby girl dresses or the first pair of socks. It can be a great memory and can be used for future generations.
- Baby first yearbook. In the end, keep this item requires no further explanation.
Childhood items you don’t have to keep
While there are some childhood items worth storing at home, some of the items are unnecessary and can only take a lot of space. Let’s take a look at how you can organize them and decide which ones to get rid of.
One of the first things you should when sorting out children’s old items is sort out their clothes. Since kids often get dirty and rip some of the pieces, you should consider tossing away some of them. If you organize baby’s clothes, you’ll realize that there are more overgrown and unusable pieces than you think. You can either give away pieces of clothes that are in good condition, give them to a shelter or toss away.
Besides the clothes, lots of small and broken toys are not childhood items worth storing. If you are preparing for the move, you might want to get rid of them.
How to pack and store childhood memorabilia?
Packing and storing children’s clothes and toys don’t have to be hard. All you need to do is to sort them out according to their size and material. The second step should be finding the right packing supplies like cardboard boxes or plastic containers. After packing every item individually, you should try to find a reliable storage facility Manhattan which many moving companies can help you with. Remember, if you realize you have some the childhood items worth storing, make sure to pack them individually and secure them for the move.
Get ready for moving with children!
If you are planning a family relocation, you could make the process so much easier by hiring moving assistance. Moving from one neighborhood to another in NYC can take a lot of time and money. Fortunately, some experienced Upper East Side movers can help you with this process. Packing, securing and loading of your moving boxes can be a job for professionals to handle. By hiring a moving company, you’ll be saving your time, money and energy.
Whether you are looking forward to your move or just want to declutter your home, there are always some childhood items worth storing. After you decide which ones to keep, you will get rid of the clutter and make way more room in your new home!