ADA WCAG 2.0 Section 508
More and more people are moving to big cities in search of better job opportunities, or because of studies. If you are thinking about moving to New York, you should consider getting professional assistance. Moving companies Brooklyn stand at your disposal to make the moving experience less stressful. One of the main downsides of living in a big city is the obvious lack of space. Living space is an in-demand commodity and it comes with a hefty price tag. As a result, many people are living in small apartments. All those “how to get the most of your small apartment” tutorials stand as a testament to a chronic shortage of square footage. If you are among the millions of people dealing with this problem, you have come to the right place. Today, we will show you how to store your holiday and seasonal dishes and save some valuable space. Stay tuned.
Rent a storage unit to store your holiday and seasonal dishes
One of the easiest ways of solving the shortage of storing space is to rent storage NYC. Storage units come in many forms and sizes, so you will probably be able to find what suits you the best. But not all storage units are a good choice. Listed below are some of the factors that you should take into account when choosing a storage unit:
- Safety parameters. You don’t want your belongings to disappear overnight, do you? It is of utmost importance that you choose the storage facility that is equipped with quality locks and video-surveillance systems. It would be great if there was a security guard as well.
- Accessibility. Equally important is the accessibility of the storage unit. By this, we mean the proximity of the storage unit to your place. Also, check if the storage unit is easily accessible by a van or truck. Finally, ask about their working hours, especially during weekends and holidays.
- Climate control. Most storage-service companies have climate-controlled units at disposal. This is a great feature that keeps your belongings safe from harsh outdoor weather conditions like extreme cold or heat. Additionally, this feature offers excellent protection against moisture, mold and mildew.
Use the attic or basement if you have one
Considering the fact that most people are not blessed with kitchens the size of a small hotel, and most lack cabinet space, you will probably have to look somewhere else for storing your holiday dinnerware. One solution is to use your attic or basement. Needless to say, we advise you to clean your basement before even thinking about storing plates and glasses there. Ok, when you are done with that, it’s time to pack the dishes for the trip to the basement. We believe that the best solution is to use clear, plastic bins for this occasion. Take those expensive china sets, champagne glasses, and serving platters and gently wrap them with packing paper or bubble wrap. Stack them inside of the box, and then arrange the boxes on basement shelves. Or cabinets if you have them.
Several ideas for additional kitchen storing space
There are a lot of creative people out there. And some of them have used their imagination to create interesting and useful ideas for additional storing space in our homes. So, we are just forwarding the information we have gathered:
- China cabinets or glass-faced cupboards. Why would you hide those beautiful china set, when you can display it and thus add some charm to your kitchen?
- Use a pegboard or your wall. An ideal solution for small kitchens.
- Open shelving. Do you own a colorful dish collection? Open shelving is cheaper and, in some cases, more effective than regular cabinets.
- Pullout and toe-kick storage.
- Drawers with utensil compartments, dish-storage drawers, divided lid storage, and many other cool tricks could be the solution for you.
How to pack and store your holiday and seasonal dishes?
For this task, you will need to get the following items: Packing paper, packing tape, cardboard boxes, marker pens or sticker labels, and old clothes. These are the basic moving supplies that most people use when relocating. You can get them at any DIY store, or order them online. However, you can use them to safely organize and pack your dishes for storing. Here is how to do it:
- Wash and clean the dishes. Make sure that the dishes and sparkling before you put them away.
- Wrap each plate, cup, or glass in the packing paper or bubble wrap to protect it from damage.
- Stack plates horizontally inside of a cardboard box.
- Use the rest of the packing paper to fill any leftover gaps. This will prevent the dishes from moving around the box.
- Seal the box with packing tape
- Use markers or stickers to label the box. Write what’s inside and don’t forget to label these boxes as “Fragile”.
Make extra space to store your dishes
Most of us have some stuff in our homes that is just sitting there attracting dust and allergens. In other words, stuff that we are not using anymore. And if you are living in a smaller apartment, you should prevent this from happening. Therefore, you should declutter your home and make space for new stuff. Here is how to do it:
- Try selling things online. You would be surprised how much money you can earn by selling redundant items online. People are buying all sorts of things.
- Consider donating. There are people in need that could find your old furniture or clothes a welcome addition to their homes. This could be your chance to give something back to the community.
- Visit your local dumpster. Finally, go and throw out everything that is just trash and useless.
As you can see, there are many ways to store your holiday and seasonal dishes. Follow the advice we presented to you above, and you will solve your storage-related problems. Good luck.