ADA WCAG 2.0 Section 508
New York City is a big, big place where everything is possible. In a city as big as New York, there’s something for everyone, no matter the age or your interests. This means that if you’re moving to NYC with kids or coming to visit it, there are plenty of places and activities to check out and have fun together. So, whichever part of New York you’re researching, you are likely to find a lot of good ways to spend time with your children. In case you’re looking for kid-friendly activities in Long Island, we’ve got your back. We’re here to give you some interesting ideas and introduce you to some fun ways to have some quality time with your kids. So, keep reading to get some inspiration.
Kid-friendly activities in Long Island for animal lovers
Kids are usually big fans of animals, so it’s always exciting for them to see different species in real life. If your child loves animals, Long Island offers a few options you can choose from. So, once you’re done looking for moving companies Long Island, you can start looking at places to visit after the move and find things to look forward to. If you’d like to take your kids to look at animals, here are a few suggestions.
- Long Island Aquarium: A great kid-friendly activity in Long Island is taking your children to see the beautiful marine life at the aquarium. From seeing penguins, sea lions, seals, etc to swimming with sharks, you can spend an amazing day at the Long Island Aquarium.
- Long Island Animal Farm Petting Zoo: Kids who are animal lovers will surely enjoy spending the day with goats, pigs, and even more exotic animals like monkeys. There’s even a playground, a picnic area, and a puppet theater for your kids’ entertainment.
- Holtsville Wildlife and Ecology Center: If you want to take your kids to see bears, bald eagles, foxes, and many more interesting creatures, take them to this unique place!
- Seal Tours: Seeing animals in a zoo can even be a little bit sad, but it’s a whole different experience to see them in their natural habitat. So, you can take a seal tour by boat or on foot and see all the amazing sea life that’s surrounding Long Island.
Another way to have fun with your kids in Long Island – amusement parks
A lot of children love going to amusement parks, getting an adrenaline rush, and enjoying the adventures that these places offer. There are plenty of exciting rides that can be fun for your kids, but to you as well. So, spending a day at one of Long Island’s amusement parks is a great way to have some family fun. This is also a great way to relax and forget about your worries after a stressful relocation. Here are the places you can consider.
- Adventureland: An amusement park that’s been around since 1962 and that’s a staple attraction in Long Island. There are all kinds of rides here – water rides, kiddie rides, family rides, and even thrill ones. So, you’re guaranteed to find something your kids will love.
- Long Island Adventure Land: If you’re a family that loves outdoor activities, this is the perfect place for you. The Long Island Adventure Land offers hiking trails, zip lines, rope bridges, and much more. So, this is a great way to enjoy the great outdoors after moving to Long Island.
- Splish Splash: If you’re looking for an amazing family water park, this is a great choice for you. From all kinds of waterslides, attractions, and rides to a picnic area, there’s no way to get bored here. So, this is a great child-friendly activity in Long Island and a way for your family to have some fun in the sun.
Outdoor activities for the whole family
Another one of the great kid-friendly activities in Long Island is spending the day outdoors and enjoying some fun physical activities. Luckily, there are many things you can do in Long Island to have an exciting, active day outside. That’s precisely why families move to Long Island – it’s great for family fun.
- Fishing: a great way to spend some quality time with your children and have fun. Whether you want to fish in the bay or the ocean, there are plenty of places to check out in Long Island.
- Surfing School: As Long Island is an oceanfront place, there are plenty of schools that offer surfing lessons. So, this is a great activity for kids in Long Island and the perfect way for them to spend the summer.
- Ice Skating: If you enjoy going ice skating as a family, Long Island offers lots of ice rinks, both outdoor ones and indoor ones. So, no matter the season, you can go skating with your children and have a fun-filled day.
- Kayaking: a great way to have some fun with your children and be physically active. Plus, you can enjoy the beautiful scenery on Long Island. This is a unique way to spend quality time with your kids and bond with them.
Long Island is full of children-friendly activities – choose your favorites!
As you can tell, you can find plenty of different kid-friendly activities in Long Island depending on your interests and preferences. Whether you like being active and outdoorsy or you prefer visiting museums and galleries – you can find something you’ll like. So, just figure out what you’d like to do with your kids, and you’re guaranteed to find plenty of fun options.