ADA WCAG 2.0 Section 508
Have you just found out that you’re moving sooner than expected? Divine Moving & Storage NYC will help you pack everything you need, and do it right! The fact that you have to speed up your packing process doesn’t mean that you have to fall prey to the frequent mistakes that people make. The first step to getting everything done is to get acquainted with the mistakes and start organizing your packing process. This might take a little bit of your time, but it’s absolutely detrimental since it will shorten the time needed to get everything else done. Packing on short notice is time-sensitive – so let’s dig in!
Take time to organize before packing on short notice
Packing on short notice causes people to forget what’s important in relocation. Every complicated process needs to be broken down to simpler parts. Even if you hire the best movers in Manhattan, you’ll still need to do a lot of things that will contribute to your moving process. That’s why you should do this:
- Take pen and paper, or get some electronic device and open a Word document. It’s time to start organizing your moving process!
- Write all of the tasks that you need to do.
- Research everything you need for the tasks to get done, and note important addresses, phone numbers and e-mail address.
- Call the moving companies and the stores where you want to order items from.
When you’ve done this, you’re ready to start packing!
Don’t forget these important things!
When you’re in hurry, it’s important not to overlook simple, but important things. What not to forget when packing on short notice:
- Contact same day movers NYC to get immediate help
- Getting all necessary packing materials. If you forget it and try to compensate with household materials, your items might get damaged. Write a list of everything you need before you go to the store, it shouldn’t take long to research everything you’ll need.
- If you’re not sure about something, call your moving company for advice.
- Delegate tasks to your friends and family if you can.
- Don’t forget to get insurance!
- Getting plastic and specialty boxes for certain items
Don’t skip box labeling!
When you label your boxes, you make your life easier. You won’t spend additional time looking around and searching for items that you’ve already packed. Moreover, labeling your boxes will make your life easier after the relocation. Simply write down the content of your box on a piece of sticky paper while you’re packing it. If you’re packing similar items, write just a vague description of what you’ve packed. Save time where you can, but don’t compromise too much quality.
Know which tasks to delegate
When you’re packing on short notice, getting help on time is of utmost importance. Call your friends and family as soon as you find out that your move has been moved up the timeline. Tell them about your situation and ask them if they can help you with the packing process. In the end, don’t forget to involve professionals in the process to make sure that everything’s done on time. We’re always at your disposal! Give us a call to get help and realize your last-minute move successfully!