Looking for the best places for young families in NY is a process that takes time and patience. There are many things that you need to pay attention to and factors you need to have in mind. And that is why we are here to help you out with this task. We know that people can have a hard time learning about the best places to move to with their families and that is why Moving Companies NYC has decided to guide you through it. Here are some interesting things you need to know.
What makes a place family-friendly?Before we begin talking about the best places where you can move with your family, you need to know what factors make a place family-friendly. There are many things that you should always consider when looking for these places. So, what you need to know is the following:
- What kind of schools can you expect?
- Is the place peaceful?
- Can you enjoy parks?
- How car-friendly is the place?
- Is it safe? You need to learn more about the crime rate
Things to know about New YorkBefore moving to New York, it is important to know a thing or two about this place. There is some information that you might consider very useful. So, New York City is a city in New York and there are 8,736,047 residents here. They all enjoy living in this place and most of them rent their homes. You can enjoy a lot of bars, restaurants, parks, and other activities that can help you and your family better adapt. The median home value in New York is $660,770 while the rent is $1,579. This can mean a lot to someone who is looking to buy or rent a home here. And if you are looking for some of the best places for young families in NY, then you should visit:
- Long Island
- Upper East Side
What makes Chelsea one of the best places for young families in NY?Chelsea is a wonderful neighborhood in New York City. There are currently 55,427 residents living here, and you can be one of them. There are many young professionals and young families that have decided to move here. And you will notice that 63% of residents rent their homes, while 37% own them. Once you move here, you can enjoy a lot of nice bars, restaurants, coffee shops, parks, and other places you can visit. The median home value is $1,194,365 while the rent is $2,181. Now, what makes Chelsea the best place for young families is the following:
- Education is great! The number of people with a Masters's Degree or higher is 38%, Bachelor 39%, and some college or associate's degrees are 12%.
- Chelsea is considered the best neighborhood to move to
- This is a fairly safe and peaceful neighborhood. And there are many real estates for rent here. Make sure to read more about them before moving in.
People move to Manhattan with their familiesA beautiful city in New York, Manhattan boasts as one of the best places you can move to with your family. There are 1,669,127 residents here. 75% rent their homes while 25% own them. The median home value in Manhattan is $1,008,500 while the median home rent is $1,895. There are many interesting parks, restaurants, and other places that you can find great for your family. What you need to know about this place is that:
- Many schools carry A+ grade meaning your kids will receive a great education
- It is a fairly safe place
- Many young professionals decide to move here and find their home
- The median home income in Manhattan is $93,956
Move to Midtown with your familyMidtown is one of those neighborhoods that can offer you a good quality of life. Located in New York City with a population of 57,017 residents. This is considered one of the best places you can move to this year. There are many things you can do, activities to enjoy, and other places to visit. It is a neighborhood that can offer you a dense urban life. It is worth noting that 59% of residents rent their homes, while 41% own them. Many things make this place great for families, for example:
- Although the median home value is $1,185,945, the median home rent is $2,670
- Midtown is holding a 6th spot as one of the top neighborhoods to move to
- There are over 500 schools in Midtown, and the majority of them have an A+ grade
- You can enjoy many parks here
You should consider AstoriaIf you decided to look for a family-friendly neighborhood in NYC then Astoria is just the place for you. It is in Queens County and there are over 85,609 residents who love living in this dense urban place. 83% of residents rent their home while 17% rent it. The median home value is $829,440 and the median rent is $1,903. Many things can make this place great for families, and some of them are:
- There are a lot of museums
- Schools have an A+ grade
- A lot of interesting activities like visiting Astoria Bowl, Astoria Park Pool, Bareburger
- Education is great with 19% of people with a Master's degree, 35% with a Bachelor, 16% with a College or some other form
Boorklyn is great for familiesBrooklyn has an overall A grade when it comes to livability. There are 2,712,360 residents here who enjoy this dense urban place. It has a lot of schools, libraries, parks, restaurants, bars, coffee shops, and malls. And we are certain that you will enjoy this place a lot. Some of the statistics include:
- The ratio between renting and owning is 69% to 31%
- The age disparity is pretty close and there are people of all ages here
- Education is great, with 16% with a Master's degree, 24% Bachelor's, and 19% with some college or associate's degree
- Many schools carry A+ grade
- The median home value is $767,500 while the median rent is $1,582. The median home income is $67,753
- The diversity, nightlife, culture, food, and other activities carry A+ grade
You can always think about moving to Long IslandThis is a nice neighborhood in New York City. It has a population of 31,019 residents. There are many things that make this place great. It is part of Queens County and is considered to be the best place for newcomers. With many interesting activities, you will most certainly love living here. What sets this place as a nice family-friendly neighborhood is:
- The median home value is $933,589, while the median rent is $1,354. The median household income is $89,525.
- Renting to owning ratio is 84% - 16%
- The place is fairly safe and peaceful
- Schools are great and you may enroll your kids in many A+ places
- There are many things you can enjoy here with your family like visiting Montauk Point Lighthouse, Long Island Aquarium, and Cooper's Beach
Moving to Upper East Side is always a good optionThis is a neighborhood in New York City with over 146,882 residents. It is a part of New York County and one of the nicest places you can move to. There are many things you can enjoy like parks, restaurants, bars, coffee shops, schools for your kids, and other family-friendly activities. Here you can have a dense urban feel of life and the majority of people rent their homes. The most important information about this place consists of:
- The median home income is $1,502,729, and the median home rent is $2,576, while the median home income is $232,790 for homeowners and $126,440 for renters
- The place is safe for life and affordable
- Schools are great here and 46% of residents have a Master's Degree, 37% have Bachelor's, and 9% have some college or associate's degree
- There are many green spaces you can visit here and have a wonderful time
People moving to QueensQueens is one of those cities in New York that can offer a lot of things to its residents. A dense urban place where everything is within reach. Lots of schools, parks, places you can visit, jobs, and many others. There are a lot of things that make this place great for life like:
- Good safety
- Education is great with many A+ Schools. When it comes to degrees, 13% have a Master's Degree, 21% Bachelor, and 22% have some college or associate's degree
- Well-developed job market
- A lot of parks, restaurants, shops and other places where you can spend a lovely afternoon with your family
- The median home value is $603,200, the median rent is $1,711, and the median household income is $75,886
- Rent to own ratio is 55% - 45%