ADA WCAG 2.0 Section 508
When you are planning a weekend vacation, you are probably not stressed too much about it. It is easy to pack a few t-shirts, a pair of shoes, underwear, and a towel. But, when it comes to packing for long-term vacation, being well organized and the patient is essential. Creating a comprehensive packing list and preparing proper luggage is half of the successful packing process. If you are traveling for a few months or even for a year, consider renting long-term storage where your belongings will be safe until you return to your home. It is not necessary to pack everything you have when you have an opportunity to store all your extra stuff.
The most crucial step: Creating your perfect packing list
With the right packing list, every person can have a successful and comfortable trip. Your packing list should be a paper where you can write all your ideas to fit your needs and your travel style. Depending on where you are traveling to, your packing list should include all the essential items, and packing supplies you need for a trip.
There are a few things you should think about when making a packing list
- What type of climate are you traveling to?
- How long are you traveling?
- How long will you be staying?
- Do you plan outdoor or indoor activities on your trip?
- Are you are traveling alone or with your family/friends?
Packing List Contents
We are going to help you make a list for packing for long-term vacation. We hope it will help you create your perfect packing list with all necessary information and inspiration. This is the complete list of items for the entire family:
- Get a proper size of backpack and bags
- Women’s and Men’s Toiletries
- Men’s Clothes
- Men’s Accessories
- Pack your sports equipment if you plan to exercise on vacation
- Travel Electronics
- Health/Medical Supplies
- Travel Documentation
- Travel Guide Books
- Children’s clothes
- Packing cubes to organize your clothes
What size backpack should you get?
The more space you have – the more stuff you can pack. But, if you are traveling by plane, don’t forget about their rules and restrictions when it comes to sizes of backpacks and luggage. For most airlines, a carry on bags should be max 22 inches long, 14 inches wide, and 9 inches tall.
Bring an Extra Bag
When you are planning a long-term vacation, especially if it involves lots of different places, bring an extra bag in case you buy a few souvenirs you want to bring home. Pack an extra bag that is collapsible so you can use it to pack when it comes time to return home.
When packing for long term vacation – Check Weather and Long-term Trends
A typical weather forecast can be accurate for max ten days, but if you are planning a long-term vacation, you should check long-term trends for the time of year you are traveling. Depending on the climate and weather you should pack your clothes and shoes. But do not overpack! If you have a lot of things you want to be safe until you return, maybe you should consider packing and storing it at Manhattan storage. This is the best way to be sure your belongings are safe and protected until your vacation ends.
What to pack? Few helpful tips
- Detergent for hand washes – We suggest you bring the detergent for hand wash because when it comes to a long-term vacation, there is a chance you will need to wash your underwear, socks, and undershirts in the sink quickly.
- Pack fewer pants, but more shirts – Pack a few pairs of pants or shorts you can pair with almost all your shirts. In this way, you can make many different outfits without packing a lot of things.
- Bring classic and comfortable clothes – Neutral pieces of clothes are the best to bring with you because you can re-wear them over and over.
- Use packing cubes to stay organized – Packing cubes will save you time and energy, and staying organized when traveling for a long time is the most important thing. Using clear packing cubes will help you see what is inside without unpacking it and over and over. Also, you don’t need to unpack on every destination you arrive, just put it on the table, and you can use it as drawers.
Your medicine box should include:
- Medicines for pains and headaches
- Fever Relievers for Kids
- Prescription medications – ask your doctor for extra meds when you are traveling long-term
- Motion Sickness Medication – to avoid nauseous while on the road
- Anti-Diarrhea Medication
First aid kit for packing for long-term vacation
- Prepare an antibiotic ointment for your kids’ occasionally fall and cratches
- Band-aids – also when kids fall to bandages their knees with colored band-aids
- Alcohol – for disinfection
- Hand Sanitizer – ideal for sanitizing kids’ hands
- Wipes – a great way to disinfect hands, etc.
- Thermometer – for tracking body temperature
- Gauze Pad and Medical Tape – for deeper wounds
The Ultimate Packing List Essentials
- Make a passport and identity card copies and save it at your Dropbox for an example
- Bring your passport, photos, and postcards
- Wallet, driving license, bank cards, identity card
Last but not least – Get an insurance
It is optional, but we highly recommend you to get proper insurance before travel. Check with your insurance company for an insurance option that is the most convenient for your length of vacation. Also, the best way to find the proper insurance is to go online and check reviews for less expensive but quality coverage options.