ADA WCAG 2.0 Section 508
Are you moving soon, but you’re not sure whether you’d be able to procure packing materials? Divine Moving and Storage NYC will help you find alternative packing supplies all-around your home! There is no debate that professional packing material gives the best protection to household items and personal belongings during the move, but there is no argument that quality packing supplies can be very expensive. So, what can you do to make your move more affordable?
Why do you need alternative packing supplies?
To see which items you need to have replaced, keep an eye on the moving supplies checklist. It will help you find alternatives to the materials that you need. But why would you need them?
- To make your move more sustainable by reusing the packaging materials you already have.
- You may not be able to spend hundreds of dollars on new packing supplies.
- To avoid using the packing materials that were previously used.
- In case you’re moving overnight, using alternative packing supplies is a must.
- You may have a lot of weird-looking items that will take up a lot of space when packed in boxes – get creative.
- Furniture drawer – It is easy to leave things in drawers and move them to a new home.
What can you use as alternative packing supplies right away?
- Backpack – Store your essentials and small valuables (including jewelry and small electronics) in them.
- Garbage bag – They are very cheap and extremely useful for packing lightweight, unbreakable items, even if they are quite heavy, such as curtains and pillows.
- Bucket and trash can – Clean trash cans such as those you use to recycle paper can also hold all types of trinkets and light, medium-sized household items.
- Suitcase – Rolling suitcases, in particular, are extremely easy to move. They’re convenient for small but heavy objects such as books and electrical appliances.
- Tote bag – Large tote bags are perfect for holding all types of small to medium-sized items that do not break easily.
- Crate and beer box – They are very strong and provide good protection for the items inside – you can safely provide your most delicate items, such as mugs and glasses, in beer boxes and crates
You might overlook these useful items!
Keep in mind that even the day-to-day relocations can be solved with the help of Manhattan movers. Having experienced people by your side can be of great help, even if you only need help with heavy lifting. Let’s get back to the subject – there are even more items you might be able to use for packing:
- Briefcase – Like a suitcase, the briefcase can hold documents, laptops, books, DVDs, CDs, and other similar items.
- Vacuum bag – They are great for packing heavy and soft products such as bedding and winter clothes.
- Basket and hamper – Any basket can be useful when you’re in hurry.
Get creative with alternative packing supplies!
While the alternative packing supplies will never offer the same level of protection as professional ones, any improvised packing materials you already have at home will save you a lot of time, and money. So get creative with your packing supplies! Whether it’s a simple tape or numerous bags that you already have, it will come in handy. In case you don’t want to relocate your item right away, consider getting help from one of the top 24-hour storage Manhattan offers.