ADA WCAG 2.0 Section 508
Congratulations on making a significant decision such as this and deciding to move. The first thing that probably comes to mind is how can you make this experience more comfortable and with the least amount of stress. If you only had Pandora’s Box, to package everything you own with ease and not forget a thing. Well, there is a simple solution for that. You can either opt for professional packing services NYC or make your packing checklist. It will make the moving process that much easier. Regarding the overall organization of the move, creating a checklist should be an essential part of it, because it comes with a lot of advantages.
How to create a packing checklist?
At first, it might seem like a lot of additional work. Do not let procrastination or fear stop you from reaching your goal. Reastasured it will take very little time to make it, but a lot more time and nerves will be saved later on. Remember, the checklist should be there to help you control the whole process.
Therefore, it should be about a systematic approach so you can get through all things in an orderly fashion. First of all, you will need a pen and a paper, if you are more traditional, or you can use an electric device. Secondly, you must make a packing checklist ahead of the move. Then, when the time comes, you will be fully prepared.
Further, you should now that there are different types of moving lists to be made, depending on the stage of the move.
- List before the move – should be made a few weeks before the move date, about 4-5 weeks
- Packing checklist – it would be great to make this list during the packing process
- List during the move – it is best to have it ready when the things arrive at your new place
- List for afterwords – it can be made at any time after the move is over, but sooner the better
Before the main event
Once you have decided to move, whether it is moving to Manhattan, the planning can begin. Firstly, you can start by making a lot of decisions regarding your stuff. Whether you will be tossing some stuff out, that you no longer use or need, donating them or even selling them. Next, you can be making a general moving plan, regarding the:
- a moving company that will assist you
- list of important questions for movers
- checking the neighborhood
- exploring the new residence
- preparation of the supplies needed for the move (boxes, bubble wrap, stuffing, etc.)
- management of the utilities as well as notifying the post office and the bank of your address change
- contacting a health insurance provider – make sure you are covered during the whole moving process
- reservation of a storage unit – depending on your needs
- packaging of the essentials in a separate bag – things you will be using during and after the move should be at hand
Creating the packing checklist
Figuring a way to package everything in your possession can be a stressful experience on its own. Luckily, nowadays, with a few searches on the internet, you can find a lot of useful packing tips for it. However, the process of unpacking once the move is finished can be as equally troublesome. All your stuff is in boxes or suitcases that are flooding your new home or office.
You are hoping everything survived the trip or most importantly, nothing was forgotten in the old place. Thus, the main problem remains. Where to begin? Well, that is where the checklist steps in and saves the day. By making a brief list for contents of every box, you can quickly move them to the rooms they belong to, and know what to unpack first. These are also constructive tips:
- pack stuff that you do not use often, or will not need right away
- heavier things should be at the bottom of the boxes
- breakable and fragile items should be secured with bubble wrap or stuffing
- labeling is essential
During the relocation
Upon arriving, you will probably feel very excited about the new chapter in your life. So the feeling should not be ruined with the lousy moving experience. Making a packing checklist should make sure that it does not happen.
- Check if the moving company NYC you hired did the job right and whether all your stuff arrived safely.
- Explore the new place. Inspect it for any damages.
- Organize the unpacking process – what are you going to unpack first.
- Clean the new house – before furnishing and unpacking
Pros of making a packing checklist
Hopefully, throughout this text, we have successfully shown you that moving can be effortless if you organize and plan well. No doubt, with a great plan and trustworthy moving companies Upper West Side, everything should be done with ease. However, if you are still in doubt, whether you should be making a list such as this, let us highlight the pros that a few minutes of your time invested in making it can give you:
- reduced possibility of forgetting something important
- confidence booster – especially if this is the first time you are doing it
- less stress – everything seams under control
- time management – you can use your time efficiently by knowing what the next step is
- settling in faster – unpacking process is much more efficient
Lastly, always remember to back up and make extra copies of your lists, in case something unpredictable happens, or you misplace them. The best way to avoid that is by having them printed on paper as well as backing them up on your phone or other devices.
Here you go! Hopefully, you are convinced about the importance of making a packing checklist. With all the benefits that come with it and without any disadvantages, there is no reason not to make them. If making your moving experience less stressful and great success is the main goal, then this is the best way to ensure that. Therefore, this text is here to make the process of making them more comfortable for you and assuring that you have everything covered, thus making it the perfect list for you. Trust us – this will prove to be the most useful tool during your move.