ADA WCAG 2.0 Section 508
If you are planning on renting storage units there are some things you need to know. The first and foremost is that you need to find adequate storage for your belongings. However, if you are going to share a storage unit with a friend, this article will come in handy for you. We have made the list of pros and cons when it comes to sharing a storage unit. We truly hope we can help you decide if this option is good for you. Therefore, without any further ado, let us get straight to the topic.
Should you share a storage unit with a friend?
The first thing we would like to ask you is to think hard about how good you know the person you are willing to share the storage units with? You do not want to rent a storage unit with someone and pay it all by yourself right? That is why this is so important the first thing to do. If you have that sorted out and you are sure that your friend is not going to stand out on you then we are ready to start our list:
- Save some money by renting a storage unit with your friend. You will pay only half of the rental price which means you will have extra money to get something else. Therefore, this is a good reason why you should share a storage unit. Also, you might not have that much stuff to store. You should ask your friend who has a storage unit to let you use his unit, and pay some symbolic price.
- A good solution for short term storage. If you are renovating your home or you are planning to relocate, shared storage is a good solution. Moreover, if you have friends or family members renting storage units you will have fewer expenses. However, that can be tricky as well, some people are not willing to share them.
- Make sure you have signed the rental agreement. You need to be sure what will they bring to the shared storage unit. This is one of the cons of sharing. Therefore, you should make a rental agreement on what you are going to store there. Moreover, you are going to have a separate key and you will make sure that the rent is paid on time.
How to choose the right type of storage unit?
Now that you got everything sorted out with your storage partner, it is time to choose the right storage unit. If you are wondering how to pick the right storage unit in Manhattan we will gladly help you. You need to do some research on storage opportunities NYC has to offer, but first, you need to know what kind of storage are you looking for:
- Climate controlled storage units. There are some climate-sensitive things you might want to store. For them, you will need to find the best climate-controlled storage Manhattan has to offer. You should think about it if you need to store some of your artwork or vintage furniture. Moreover, you don’t want them to get ruined in some moist storage unit just because it is a few dollars cheaper.
- The safe storage unit is the best unit. Make sure that your storage unit is as safe as possible. There are some things you should know about how to keep your stored times safe. You should look at storage units with video surveillance and strong locks. Moreover, you are going to share your storage unit with a friend, you need to make sure you both have separate keys. Also, the good thing is for the storage facility to have their security guards.
- Research what are the things that are not allowed in storage. In the storage, you can almost store anything. However, there are few items you must never keep in the storage unit. For example, your money and jewelry should be stored in a bank deposit safe, and not in the storage unit. They are not safe there especially if you share storage with your friend.
Pack everything for storage
Before you take your items to the storage you need to pack them and prepare them. Here are some easy tips and tricks that will help you pack everything properly:
- Pack everything in the boxes. If you have already moved this will be an easy step for you. You need to make sure that your moving boxes are secured and they will hold your items. You can buy them from online stores or at your nearest convenience store. Put everything inside and don’t forget to label them.
- Hire the professionals to help you with more difficult items. If you are planning on storing the piano you most definitely need help with that. Divine Moving and Storage NYC company is the best way to go. You will just need to give them a call and they will help you with your piano and other items ready for storage.
Call the moving company to help you relocate your items to a storage unit
If you have followed our instructions so far, the only thing left to do is to call your moving company. This is an important step because you want your items to arrive safe and in one piece to your storage. Moreover, you and your friend can split the costs of that. You should find the best movers in Manhattan and hire them to do the job. Be aware that, like with the storage unit, you need to research the best moving company for your move. However, you can always do it on your own with small help from your friends.
Should you share a storage unit with a friend? – conclusion
We have listed some pros and cons of sharing a storage unit with a friend. We advise that you think about them and decide what is best for you. In the end, you will need to make that decision. Hopefully, this article will be useful to you and your friend.