Anyone who has ever spent time in Manhattan knows that space is a commodity not in ready supply on our wonderful island. And it’s all too very easy to outgrow the Manhattan Storage space you do have.
With the right guidance overseen by a professional NYC storage service, storing your belongings should be an easy process.
Life in the Big Apple is stressful enough, and professional storage services should make your life easier, and not harder.
Protecting personal belongings for the trip to the storage facility can be the difference between elation and heartbreak when your things are returned to you.
Residential and commercial storage options abound in Manhattan, so who can you trust?
A storage company committed to providing premium service is one that provides best-in-class customer service and is not only available to address questions, concerns, and requests but also one that takes the responsibility of looking after your belongings seriously.
Get a Flat Rate for Your Manhattan Storage or Manhattan move
NYC Storage - Ten Reasons To Find A Moving Company Online
There are a lot of people that search for moving companies every day; this is because they know that it is not an easy thing to host the entire shifting process on their own. Since there are many things that need to be packed, stored and transferred, people search for NYC storage companies so that they can be relieved of their tasks. A moving company knows how to take care of their shifting process on behalf of them and since it is the job of the team to pack, store and shift the things, people moving to another location focus on other important tasks.
There are two ways to search for NYC storage companies; you can search for various land based companies or you can use internet to search for the best company for your needs. Most of the people have now shifted to using internet, when it comes to search for moving companies.
If you think it is difficult for you to trust internet to search for the best moving NYC storage companies, it is time for you to know there are many reasons why you should select a company that has its presence online and not just on the land.
Here are the top ten reasons for you to select a moving company with the help of internet:
- When a company has its presence on internet, it can be trusted more than the other companies: We all are living in the era of internet, websites and blogs; if a company does not have time to build its website or create its presence online, it doesn’t have time for you as well. Online moving companies can be trusted because they know how to develop, along with the development of internet; to a certain extent, this proves that the company knows how to use the best and the latest ways to pack your stuff and transfer it to your new location.
- Most of the people are now depending upon online NYC storage companies: You are not the only person who is trying to find a moving company online; most of the people are now fond of internet because they don’t have to leave the comfort of their house to find a particular firm for themselves. If you want to find a company without spending money on traveling to various land based moving companies, you need to search for those names that have their websites online. This is exactly what everybody is doing these days.
- You can learn more about the company when it has its website: Thanks to the NYC storage company’s website, you can learn each and every little thing about the firm. From the kind of experience it has in the field to knowing about the team members working under its roofs; from the kind of fees it charges for its services to the way it handles its customers, there are many things that are displayed on the website for you to learn to know more about the way a particular firm works.
- The company can be contacted easily when it has its presence on internet: The good news is that you can contact a particular firm when it has its website online. When you visit land based NYC storage companies, you have to enquire everything at once or take their contact numbers personally so that the executives can be contacted later; on the other hand, an online website has different ways in which you can talk to the executives; some of the websites not only have the option of emailing the executives to know more about the company, but also online chatting with the help of which you can get all the details that you want.
- You find out what people say about the company and its services: Since the company has its existence on internet, people talk about it and share their experiences. You can visit the website of the moving company you are planning to hire and know more about it by the kind of feedback people have written on its feedback section. No doubt you need to spend a little bit of time in learning more about a particular firm, but it is worth it in the end.
- You can talk about an online company on different online forums: When a company has its website, you can share its link and find out what the old customers have to share about it with you. This is what reviews mean; you visit various online forums, request people to review a firm that has its website online and find out if it has more of positive feedback or more of negative comments.
- You can ask for a quotation from an online moving company: The most wonderful thing about contacting an online NYC storage or moving company is that you can easily enquire about the service fees of the same, without spending money on calling them or visiting the office, personally. The moment you like a particular firm, click on its CONTACT US page and find out if it has a quotation form that you need to fill and send to the executives. If it doesn’t have a quotation form, you can note down its email address and send an email on the same.
- You get to have a glimpse about all the services that a particular moving company is providing you, if it has its website to display the same: When you visit the website of a particular firm, it has all the details that you, as a customer, must know. From its history to how it came into existence, you get to know each and every single thing related to the company. Since such in-depth knowledge about the company is provided, most of the customers know everything about a particular moving firm before hiring its services for their shifting needs. This allows them to build a good bond with the team of the company.
- You don’t waste your time by visiting different land based companies, when you have internet to search for the best one online: You spend a lot of time on searching for various land based moving companies; don’t you think it is a waste of time since in the end, you know that you need only one company for the packing, storing and moving needs? Rather than wasting time on finding land based offices and visiting them personally, visit various online websites and learn more about different companies so that you can select the most appropriate and affordable one, depending upon your needs and budget.
- There are many websites that have genuine reviews from genuine customers; you can read such reviews and find out if the moving company is worth hiring: When you visit a land based NYC storage company, you can’t find out what kind of reputation it has in the market. Land based stores know how to cover their image and put the customers down; on the other hand, internet gives a voice to all the customers and hence, you get to read negative feedbacks as well that tell you what kind of an image the company has online.
Mental Health Makeover: Acting Like You're Moving
Moving is regarded as one of the most stressful things that one can do in life, but it doesn’t have to be that way. The stress of moving often comes from the anxiety of living in a new place, establishing new relationships, and in many ways, restarting your life, so putting all of that aside: is moving really that stressful? Or can it be a great way to clear your mind? Acting like you’re moving and the way it forces you to evaluate your possessions, and by extension your life, can be a really cathartic and productive use of your time.
Ending the Clutter
In New York, having a storage unit it almost as necessary as having an elevator. With real estate at the price level that it is today, it’s nearly impossible to find an apartment that is a livable size for you and able to accommodate all of the things you’ve seemed to amass over your lifetime. Deciding to go through everything you own, sorting what to keep and what you can trash, can be the first step in not only clearing your apartment, but clearing your mind.
Selling the Excess
Once you’ve sorted through all of your belongings, chances are that there’s a lot that you don’t need. Money, or rather lack thereof, is easily one of the biggest stressors that we all have to worry about, so help relieve the stress and make a quick buck! Sell your discarded belongings! And though they will definitely take time to sell, whether you do it through a garage sale, Craigslist, or eBay, it’s going to take at least a little bit of effort to get your items on the market and into someone else’s home. If some of the items that you’ve decided to sell are on the larger side, consider hiring a local moving company to do the heavy lifting for you! By hiring professional movers, you lessen the risk of damaging your stuff, meaning you can get more money for it.
Moving is no breeze, and deciding to fake a move to help your mental health seems insane. However, being forced to organize your home and compartmentalize your things will result in a natural organization of your mind. Once you have everything clean, clear, and sorted, your home can feel brand new, and sometimes all we need to get out of a rut is to make a little change.
Hire Divine Moving for all of your New York moving needs, real or simulated!
Looking for inexpensive storage? Tired of Manhattan Mini Storage high prices?
Divine Moving and storage got you covered!We are the one stop shop for all of your moving and storage needs. Call us today if you are looking for a Manhattan Mini Storage alternative. On average we will beat Manhattan Mini Storage and most other mini storages in Manhattan by at least 40% Our security protocol plus our commitment to keep your belongings safe tops it all. If you need residential or commercial storage in NYC give us a call today! No one in NYC has time for the hassle of moving. If you want everything taken care of for you New York City move call Divine for a quick, stress-free, and easy move. We pack you up and move you into your new home in a New York minute. That way you can get back to what’s important: Living your life! For a quick move, call Divine. Divine Moving & Storage is moving in a flash! Affordable New York City movers should not require Sherlock Holmes to find. With one quick call call to Divine Moving & Storage’s Relocation Specialists you’ll find out just how easy moving in NYC can be! With all inclusive moving packages relocation your home is as easy as 1, 2, 3: Just call, book, and move. Moving on with your life has never been so easy. Call today to speak to your personal Relocation Specialist and receive your free estimate in seconds.
Don’t forger to ask us for our day to day short term storage options!
Monsters aren’t the only things under your bed...Depending on the size of your bedroom your bed probably takes up a lot of space. Yeah the bed is nice and all to sleep on, but unbeknownst to many the bed can store a lot of storage beneath it. If the bed is off the floor you can place shoes or items beneath it. You can also buy a new storage bed, with cabinets that slide out to put your clothes or possessions in.
Fit space into your dresser like a pro!You don’t know how many times we heard of a client getting new dressers that were not needed. I remember we came to one of our client’s apartment in Brooklyn to move some of his stuff to storage. He told us how he was getting a new dresser and with our expertise we decided to check his current dresser. We saw how his current dresser had clothes thrown in that weren’t even properly folded. We taught him a very space efficient way of folding and also implemented drawer dividers. After teaching him these couple of tips he came to a conscious decision that he didn’t need a new dresser.
Boxes, boxes on the wall, who’s the greatest one of all?Place and paint boxes on the wall for a unique way to organize books, vitamins and little knick knacks.
Use shower curtain hooks for book bags or purses.This is a great way to hang and store book bags and purses that take space elsewhere to a nice hanging position.
Milk every inch of your closet space.You can use more clothing rods, and even install shelves to break up everything in a neat and efficient manner.
If you are ever need more help with storage in the NYC area then we are the company for you! We provide NYC Storage and moving at reasonable rates. Call us anytime at: 866-668-7666 or 212-244-4011
Call us at: 866-668-7666 or 212-244-4011
Finally moving out of the dorms and into an apartment can be one of the most liberating feelings in the world, but it can also be one of the most stressful. Any type of moving is one big headache, regardless of how much planning and preparation you do, no one likes to move especially dorm movers.
When you live in an area such as New York City, you have some benefits when moving from the NYU dorms into an apartment because you already know the area, you probably have a general idea of the area where you can afford an apartment, and you'll know which apartments are closest to school.
With that being said, we compiled a list of tips to help lessen the stress you may feel when you're moving into your first apartment and away from dorm life.
3 Tips for Moving into Your First Apartment
Determine your budget
Before you begin apartment hunting, you need to figure out what you'll be able to afford when it comes to rent, utilities, laundry, paying for movers, and even the furniture you'll eventually need. Your budget is going to help you narrow your apartment search, and it'll make life infinitely easier because you can work out a savings plan for each month to make sure everything is paid for.
Secure the apartment ahead of time
Don't wait until the last minute to secure your apartment, otherwise you'll end up living wherever is still available and you'll have no control over the area. Once your budget is set, it'll be far easier for you to find an apartment because it'll narrow your search drastically. When you live near campus, the apartments will go fast because everyone wants to be close to school, so make sure you start looking as soon as that budget is set.
Don't keep what you don't need
Do you really need that busted futon, or can you throw it out? When you move into your first apartment, you're going to want to start from scratch. Now, that's not saying you won't take some furniture items with you, but you don't want to have to spend a majority of your budget on movers having to move a bunch of things you don't realistically need. Instead, pack up early and determine what you can either give away or throw out. Then, label the boxes accordingly so the movers don't take anything you want to donate.
Moving in New York City?
If you're moving in New York City and still need to acquire a moving company, contact us at Divine Moving. Along with a fleet of moving trucks and reliable movers, we also have a storage facility in the event you're traveling for the summer before moving into your apartment and need to keep your things somewhere safe. When you're moving around NYC, you want to hire a moving company that knows their way around the city streets to ensure that your move goes off without a hitch, and at Divine Moving, we're that company.