Why would you ever want to spend time on finding a proper moving company for your shifting needs? After all, a moving company doesn’t have to do anything special, except for packing your stuff and transferring it to another location, right?
You are absolutely WRONG!
If you are looking for NYC movers, you have got to be sure that they have all that you want them to. There may be thousands of moving companies in the market, but can you really trust them all with their services? Can you trust any random moving company with all those expensive items that need to be shifted to another location?
We don’t think so. There are certain things that the NYC movers must have so that they can meet your shifting requirements. Here are the top ten things that you need to consider before hiring any moving company:
- Find out if the company is well-respected in the market: You need to be sure about the company’s reputation in the market; if it has more of negative comments from its customers or clients, don’t take a chance by hiring its services. It is always good to hire a company that is well-respected in the market and knows where it stands. When a company has a good reputation already, it provides its new customers with better services so that their name is maintained in the market; this acts like a competitive advantage for the NYC movers.
- There are hundreds of online forums; talk to strangers and find out if they have hired the company for their needs: Online forums are used by almost each one of us; no matter what kind of an issue you have, you know that there are people outside that are desperately waiting to help you. There are several kind hearted individuals that share their true experiences with you so that you don’t end up paying money to the wrong company for its services. Don’t get fooled by any random company; post a question about the NYC movers you are planning to hire and find out what the others have to say about them.
Talk to all your loved ones and find out if they have ever hired the company that you are planning to hire: Your loved ones can surely help you in finding the most perfect moving company for your shifting needs. The best thing about having friends or family members is that they are always there to help you with your needs; call your favorite people and ask them if they have ever moved to another location and have tried the services of this particular firm that you are interested in hiring for your shifting needs. If most of your loved ones refer a particular company to you, go ahead and hire it!
- Visit reviewing websites and learn about different NYC movers to find out which company has the best feedback for its services: Reviewing websites have changed the lives of a lot of individuals; gone are the days when you could trust the reviews written on the websites of different NYC movers, since a lot of manipulations are done with the feedback, you can’t trust the ‘made-up’ reviews at all. Also, some of the companies hire professional writers to have sugary words written about the company, so that people get fooled and hire their services. Don’t get fooled; trust genuine reviewing websites that write genuine reviews related to different NYC movers.
- Visit the website of the company and read everything about it: Admit it – we are living in the era of internet and technological development and if a particular company does not have its presence online, it is not worth your money. Find a company that believes in tapping the marketing on internet so that you can know more about it by visiting its website. Everything that’s necessary for you to know about the moving company is mentioned on its website. If you have an access to its website address, you can trust it even more.
- Learn about the team that works under the roofs of the company; that’s the one that’s going to do the job for you: The company does not move an inch to work for you; it is the team working under the name of the company that works for you. It is important and it is your right to know about the team that’s going to come to your old house to shift the stuff to the new one. Now the question is – how do you learn about the company’s team? It is simple – all you need to do is visit the website of the company and find out what it says about its team. The reviews also do the trick for you!
- Find out how the customer service department talks to you, before you hire the company: This is a good way to learn about the company’s team; call up the customer service department and pay attention to the tone in which the executives talk to you. If the executives are polite and good to you, the company knows how to hire right people to help you with your moving needs.
- Learn about the experience of the company: Don’t hire any random company, especially if it is totally new in the field of moving the stuff for you. There has got to be some sort of experience in the hands of the team of the company so that it provides you with excellent services. When a company has a good amount of experience in the field of moving, it ensures that your stuff is transferred without a hassle and without any damage.
- Make a list of all the services you want to hire the NYC movers for and find out if the company is providing you with all of them or not: This is something that you need to do for the sake of having all of your moving needs met; make a checklist of all the services that you want to company to provide you with. Unless it gives you what you need, there is no point in hiring it. For an instance, you may want the moving company to pack the stuff for you in such a way that the fragile items don’t get damaged. Ask the company if it would take the guarantee of the products for you.
- Check your budget and compare it with the fee of the company: Even if you are moving into a better place, it does not mean that you don’t have a limit to your budget. We all have budgets and we all prepare them so that we don’t go overboard in terms of spending money. If you want to keep your money saved, hire a company that does not make you spend more for its services. There are a lot of genuine NYC movers that don’t charge a bomb to you and ensure that they fit in your budget.
Now that you know about the things to consider before hiring NYC movers, we wish you good luck on finding the most perfect company for your requirements.
If you need moving and storage in Manhattan Divine moving is here to help you. Divine moving and storage has everything you need for moving to NYC including packing and labor, a full-sized fleet of new trucks perfectly capable of completing commercial moves, storage lockers and a full-service moving team capable of moving in the most challenging conditions.
Our company has extensive references, supplies and experience and if you are moving anywhere in New York City we can provide you with the tools that you need to have a successful and safe move.
Both our storage warehouses and offices are extremely accessible. We can provide you with vehicles and storage that can ease the process of your move as well as ensure that all of the items that you trust us to move and store are kept securely and looked after. Our services come completely backed by a comprehensive insurance plan and all of our storages come with fire protection, temperature and climate controlled services, motion detectors and video surveillance. Our storage units will protect even your most valuable items and many residents in New York City trust us because of our quality 24 hour surveillance guarantee and peace of mind insurance.
Moving to NYC-
Our company can provide full-service New York City moving and storage. This means that art skilled staff of movers can come and pick up your items and bring them directly to storage or deliver items directly to your home as well. All you need to do is contact us for a free consultation for the most cost-effective services for your move.
Our ultimate priority as a moving company is to provide our customers with satisfaction. Our references definitely reflect the quality that our company puts into every move that we complete. We want to make your lives easier with stress-free, safe and affordable moving experiences.
Contact us today if you are moving to New York City or need help moving items within the city or away.
There are many reasons you may one day find yourself in need of a safe secure storage facility. Our facility is perfect for your New York City storage needs.
Storing some items while you are changing business locations can be beneficial because it gives you time to organize as you go or store items that are to be sold at a later time. This allows you to set up your new location at your pace without a lot of clutter.
Many people realize the benefits of living in smaller homes and apartments. When you downsize, there may be some things you occasionally use that you don’t have room for at your new location. For example, if you like to camp in the summer you may not want all your equipment taking up space at your home the rest of the year.
If you only live part time in a location, you may want to use storage services for part of the year. This can help you keep your possessions organized and stored properly, so they retain their condition. Our secure storage facility is climate controlled and monitored 24 hours a day.
Student housing can be small, but that doesn’t mean you don’t have things that you might want to have on hand at certain times of the year. Also, if you live in the area only during the academic year, it is much easier to store possessions for when you return instead of taking them with you or relying on less secure storage methods on campus.
Divine Movers provides Manhattan storage as well as moving services throughout the greater New York City area. We can help you pack, move your things, and even put them into secure storage for you.
Moving can be such a stressful activity, the carriage of your property from one point to another and the logistical nightmare that accompanies such a process. It can eat much of your time and consume a lot of your energy but when you leave it to the experts of Divine Moving to do it for you all this is relieved, you pass the burden to a third party who as a result of experience will be in a position to handle it fast and efficiently.
Moving and Storage in NYC
Divine Moving and Storage has been in the moving and storage business since 2000, we understand all that needs to be done to ensure that our clients property get to their intended location on time and in a safely manner. As a certified licensed and insured Moving and Storage company in NYC, customers can rest assured that large and small items will be moved to the intended destination. If you are moving homes, you would like your child’s doll to be get into your new home safely, the same with the large and delicate furniture, you spend a fortune buying them, we understand this very well and that is why our staff are highly trained in handling such equipment.
Next time when you are moving do not just hire a company for the sake of it make sure you carry out a due diligence process, get to know the company. Failure to carry out this process may lead to disappointment when your belongings get to the intended destination in pieces or some of them get lost on the way. Get a reliable moving and storage service in NYC, Divine Moving and Storage fits the bill, we will get to your destination in one piece and at the required time. NYC Movers
Packing–let alone moving in NYC–your home and belongings can send anyone into a panic. Divine Moving & Storage takes the stress out of it with our professional movers. Each packing professional has years of experience packing up homes just like yours. They come armed with the moving boxes, packing supplies, and relocation tools to make packing a breeze. There’s packing the hard way, and then there’s packing the Divine way. Call today for your free quote.
Moving during the winter is not easy. You are dealing with the extremes of the cold temperature and the holidays. We understand how annoying moving during the holidays could be, but sometimes there is no way around the fact that it has to be done. We already gave you some tips for moving during the fall and to continue with this tradition we are going to leave you with some tips that will help you during a frosty move.
5 Packing and Moving Tips for First Time Movers
Moving can be a stressful occurrence. Believe us we know; the act of finding a suitable location, getting a lease, getting school set up for the kids, finding a new job, and packing are some of the inconveniences that a first time mover will have to experience.
Sometimes moving is inevitable and can bring upon a fresh start. Instead of looking at it as a negative, try looking at it as something positive and something that was meant to happen. A fresh move can bring upon new friends, better career opportunities, and a new life.
Before a first time mover makes a move to their new location they are going to have to pack and move all of their current belongings. This task can be really stressful, the act of carrying furniture, boxing up, and organizing the belongings in the truck can be a major annoyance.
Many people opt out of moving themselves and choose a professional to move and package their belongings for them. If this isn’t the case and the person likes to do it themselves, although hard to do, it is still possibly.
Luckily, through ours years of being a premier moving company in the heart of NYC, we here have acquired the knowledge necessary to give first time movers some packaging and moving tips to make their move less miserable!
5 Packaging and Moving Tips
1. Pack the items you will need as soon as you get to your new location in a clear plastic bin.
The reason for this is so that you are easily able to find what you will need to use first. If you know moving like us, there is usually a horde of brown cardboard boxes. It would be hard to tell which box is which till you look at the sharpie description. Things to include in a clear plastic bin would be a box cutter, paper towels, trash bags, silverware, cookware, power strips, toilet paper, soap, phone chargers, tools, etc.
2. Save on bubble wrap.
You can save on bubble wrap by wrapping your dishes and glasses in clothing. With this method you are killing two birds with one stone, packaging the clothes and kitchenware together.
3. Separate boxes for the appropriate room.
DO this instead of putting all the blankets or books in one designated box. When it comes to unpacking it would be quicker and more efficient to separate the boxes for the assigned room. For example, don’t mix Michael’s belongings with his twin brother Peter’s stuff. This will just create an avoidable headache.
4. Label the SIDES of the boxes.
This is very important to remember! If you label the top of the box you will not be able to identify what the box is when it is stacked. Remembering to label the side of the box can save a lot of much needed time.
5. Moving heavy furniture and glass, it is better to get a professional to do this.
When moving heavy furniture and glass we always recommend getting a professional to
help with this. We have heard many times of someone falling down the steps with a heavy
television or sofa. With what you gain in doing the process yourself, you will lose ten-fold in medical bills. Furthermore, getting a professional is important because they will know how to properly organize the objects in the moving truck to ensure stability. This is important if you have glass or objects such as high end televisions.
We hope a prospective mover enjoyed these tips. These tips will help ensure a smoother
moving process. Once again, for bigger objects we always recommend getting a mover to help with the process. Have a safe and swift move!
Moving is not easy – we are here to help in the NYC area
If you are in the New York City area and need packaging and moving services we are here to help. We are your premier NYC movers. For help with your next move visit our contact page or call us at: +1 212-244-4011 or Toll Free at +1 866-668-7666.
Moving is an unfortunate hassle that many of us have to go through. The countless cardboard boxes, the planning and renting of the moving trucks are just enough to make your head spin. The most comfortable and optimal time for moving is usually right before or during Fall. This is the time kids usually start their new school year, and Fall for many is usually the unofficial start of the new year. During the fall many people plan to what they want to accomplish during the New Year and up-coming seasons.
The fall is the perfect time for a change and to make a move. Fall is the ultimate signaling of a new season taking place. The beautiful and vibrant colors of the leaves changing and the crisp scent and breeze of the air make fall one of the most enjoyed and beautiful months of the year!
Fall is the perfect time to move for plenty of reasons! First off, trying to move during the brutal extremes of the summer and winter seasons can be a nightmare. The summer is a problem for moving not only because of the hot and humid weather, but also because of the high demand of moving trucks, moving supplies and movers during the summer months. The summer is the moving boom and it can be difficult to reserve yourself a truck or movers for your specific move date unless booked for months in advance.
The problem with the winter weather is self-explanatory. Try moving into NYC or Manhattan during a winter storm and you are just asking for trouble! The slippery and icy conditions of the ground can be a problem, as can transporting the goods in the extreme cold. Trying to maneuver a moving truck in a busy city during the winter can really stink when you are trying to weave in and out of traffic from the cars and salt trucks. You are going to feel like Frogger the frog carrying your boxes to your new location trying to dodge dangerous and on-coming traffic!
The nice and cool weather of the Fall is the best climate to move. You have a nice breeze and beautiful scenery. After moving in a couple boxes you won’t have to worry about being exhausted and sweating like a dog in a desert. When you are moving make sure you get accumulated to the neighbors and also have your kids become comfortable with the change of schools. We don’t know the temperature around you, but moving into NYC during the Fall is a little cooler so you’d need to make sure you and your kids are bundled in a nice and light hoodie!
Now that we explained moving in the Fall we hope this article helped clear up a couple of questions or even re-affirmed things for you!
If you are ever moving into Manhattan or NYC and need New York movers and/or storage then we are the perfect moving company for you!
Call us at: 866-668-7666 or 212-244-4011